Thursday, November 18, 2010

Am I a Plow?

        Lets start of by defining what a plow is.
               
             -The plough (American spelling: plow; both ) is a tool used in farming for initial  
              cultivation of soil in preparation for sowing seed or planting. It has been a basic 
              instrument for most of recorded history, and represents one of the major 
              advances in agriculture. ...


        It seems to me that I can very much relate to a plow(though not physically). I may not plant seeds wherever I pass but I do plant something. To every person I meet, no matter how brief the moment, I always leave behind a memory. In time that memory may eventually fade but in some cases that memory will grow and be forever permanent in a persons mind. It may be a good memory or a bad one, nonetheless my encounters with any person I meet will leave a memory.
       
         I'm pretty sure I myself am not a major advance in agriculture yet I am a major advance from previous generations. I'm not trying to brag but its true. Compared to previous generations I have been pretty successful. Not just me but almost everyone. Today many people have had a superb education if you compare it to education 20 years ago.
          
         Saying that we could be considered as instruments. Every actions we do has some effect for the future. Whether it be large or small but we always leave something behind for the future. Some say the the purpose for the present is to improve our future. A bit ironic ain't it? Much like how a plow cultivates the land to prepare for the seeds that will be planted in the near future. So a plow and I have some things in common.
           
         

No comments:

Post a Comment